Yesterday, Ciao and my family arrived. My Dad had to be at the ropes course at around one, so I went with my parents and grabbed some lunch and then dad left mom and I alone for the rest of the day. So, we did what most women love to do...we went shopping. We had a really good time and ended up our time of shopping at Barnes and Noble looking at books and Magazines while waiting to meet up with Zack, Skye, Ciao, and Caio's parents at IHOP for dinner. (Zack will be proud of me, I only bought a few things...all that fit within our budget categories!...although, I was REALLY tempted to buy some other stuff...whew...thank goodness, self control prevailed int he end!)
After dinner, Zack, Skye, my mom and I went back to our house, met back up with my dad, and hung out and talked for a while. Skye ended up crashing on our couch, so we had a pretty full house! :) It was great to get a chance to hang out with friends and family.
This morning, we had planned to get up to go watch Caio run the half marathon....but we slept in a little...we missed the start of the race, but made it there in time to see Caio's finish! He did a great job!!! While he didn't win the race like he was initially hoping to do, he ran a great time! He ran 1:16 ish...he was moving at a pretty good pace! He ended up getting 4th place over all! We were really proud of our friend! How to go Caio!!!
Jill, a girl that works with Zack, also ran the half marathon today. She won the Women's race running a 1:22:56. Congratulations on a great race Jill!
Watching the race really made me wish that I had been in good enough shape have run it! I miss the days of working with the Cross Country team and running races of my own!! Hopefully I will be able to run a race sometime soon! ....maybe Skye and I will find one that we could run together....although, she can pretty much run me into the ground right now!
After the race, Zack ended up going Mountian Biking with some of our friends and so, left to our own devices, mom and I went shopping again. We went and wandered around downtown looking in some of the little shops and boutiques on Broadstreet. They have been working hard the last couple years to try to revitalize downtown. I don't get down there very often so it was fun to see what is there now! There were a lot of cute little stores and some yummy looking restaurants! I'll have to see if I can remember to talk Zack into trying them sometime!
The day ended up being a day full of fun, friends, and time with family!
1 comment:
jenny said she saw you today! I miss you. Let's try and do something when I amh ome in less than three weeks! Love you!
Post a Comment