Tuesday, March 17, 2009

New friends and new food!

When Zack and I went to the marriage conference a few weeks ago, we hung out with some of our old friends that were there, but we also hung out with a couple that we didn't know very well. I had met Patrisha at my women's Bible Study on Tuesday mornings, but we hadn't really gotten to know each other very well. When Zack and I first got to the marriage conference, we saw them sitting in a row with some empty seats, and so we went and sat next to them. We were able to talk with them some during the marriage conference, and then exchanged phone numbers at the end of the day...yea, new friends! :) So, Patrisha and her husband, Devin, invited us over to their house tonight to have St. Patrick's Day dinner with them. How fun!

Patrisha and her family celebrate St. Patrick's Day by making corn beef and cabbage every year. Zack and I had never actually eaten corn beef...so, we were not sure what to expect (Zack was a little scared! lol). We were pleasantly surprised. It was really good...or Patrisha is just a really good cook...or both! I would have taken a picture to share with you, but we are just getting to know Patrisha and her hubby and I didn't want to freak them out on our first time to hang out...there is plenty of time to unload our oddities (such as taking pictures of all of our meals) on them...all in due time! :) lol.

I brought dessert tonight, and I tried a new recipe, shocking, I know! I wanted to make something St. Patricky...so, I found a recipe for mint chocolate cupcakes with mint cream cheese icing. Let me just tell you they smelled A-mazing cooking, but they just tasted ok...not great... I think that the best thing about them was the icing! It was really pretty yummy! I brought some mint chocolate chip ice cream along too, just in case the cupcakes were not good! Patrisha and her husband said that they liked them, but we are just getting to know them so it is hard to tell if they were being polite of if they really did like them...at least they didn't make gagging noises and spit them back out onto their plates...I guess that that is a plus! lol...at least they looked pretty. :)

Mint Chocolate cupcakes with Mint Cream Cheese Frosting

We had a good time hanging out with Patrisha, Devon, and their 2 kids. Their kids were super cute and FULL of energy! Their oldest was too funny. He was playing all kinds of pretend games with me. At one point he was an apple and someone had eaten his face off! Ha ...where do kids come up with this stuff...wish that I was that creative. Hopefully we will get to hang out with them again sometime. Zack was excited, because he got to play the Wii. ...I even played a couple of games...which I was HORRIBLE at...see parents, if you deprive your children of video games when they are young, they turn out like me...game controller challenged and blogging about all of the food that they eat/make!! :)


1 comment:

Holly said...

Sounds like a fun St Patrick's Day! Those cupcakes are so cute!