Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Trying to get back into shape.

I have been trying for about the last year to get back into shape after nearly 4-5 years of not really exercising! It has been a LONG road with miles left to go, but I am finally able to get out there and not feel like I am about to die...I've come a long way, now I just feel like I might at any moment pass out or fall over! haha... :)

There are a couple reasons that I started trying to get back into shape the beginning of last year. 1) STRESS reduction, 2) STRESS reduction, 3) overall health, 4) to get into a routine of healthy habits now while I am still young and healthy, 5) to get my body back into shape.

I have been trying, recently, to do better with consistency. That seems to be my biggest challenge to an exercise program geared at getting in shape....consistency. I will do great one week and then awful the next. For instance, last week I ran 15 miles for the week, but the week before did not run or workout at all. Ugh! Frustrating! Life sometimes gets in the way of my exercise program, but surely there is someway to stay consistent.

Does anyone have any suggestions for being more consistent? What do you do to stay in shape?

1 comment:

E said...

Oh hunny, I can't give you any advice on this one. I HATE exercising! I can't wait to see you when I am home! WE WILL get together!