I have to admit to you that I was not blessed with the gardening genes that my Aunts all have. They amaze me with their BEAUTIFUL gardens. I take more after my mother who is a self proclaimed killer of all things green!
lol!! I have tried a couple of times to grow things in my home...there are a couple scraggly survivors...
Exhibit A:

Exhibit B:
hmmm....looking pretty rough!
So, after witnessing the tortured state of my current plants, you can imagine that I was a little hesitant to attempt to grow something else...but the packets ASSURE me that they are guaranteed to grow...Besides, I thought that it would be nice to grow some of my own fresh herbs for cooking! You know join that whole "go green" thing!
haha! We shall see!
So this A.M. I gathered my potting supplies:
cute little galvanized buckets (leftover from a previous gardening experiment gone bad! Ivy!)
potting soil
gardening gloves (to make myself feel more official)
garden trowel
seed packets
rocks
It is important that despite your gardening skill (or lack there of) that you make sure your gloves are good and dirty.

Also, because I was going to be potting herbs in identical pots, and it would be impossible to tell who was who until (miracle upon miracle) they happen to sprout into little plants. I labeled them.
Craft paper
herb names printed on printer paper
double sided tape
scissors

Once I had all of my supplies together "grow green 2009" started. I placed some rocks in the bottom of each little tin and then covered them with potting soil. I adhered the labels to the pots, and I then placed the seeds into the soil at their desired depth, watered them and placed them in the window to GROW!!! :) I guess that even if nothing ends up growing in them that at least I will have the comfort of them looking cute! :) haha

aren't they cute?
pray for them!
1 comment:
Very cute! Keep us posted on their livelihood. I don't have a green thumb either. We did buy one of those aquaglobes (I'm sure you've seen the infomercials!). And they actually work really well! They kept our mums alive longer than a week back in the fall.
Post a Comment