Saturday, March 14, 2009

Today's Project

Today I was planning to go to a wedding shower, but it just wasn't practical for me to drive 2 hours in the rain...plus, I hadn't had a chance to get them a gift...and Zack and I REALLY overslept today...think that the rain and staying up late last night probably had something to do with that. I love and hate sleeping in. I love sleeping, but I hate feeling like so much of the day is gone.

So, instead of going to the wedding shower, I got roped into going to a "leadership" training meeting at our church today...This is definitely much more down Zack's alley than mine...so, I unwillingly (and I am ashamed to say, with some whining) went because Zack asked me to. It was pretty good, but still reminds me of being in school...blah! and, I had not read any of the assigned reading. Thankfully, they didn't reference it too much. The only real benefit of going to the meeting (personal opinion) was getting to meet some of the other people that lead small groups at our church.

Anyway, after we got home from that, I was able to do some sewing, and I decided to try the other new pattern that I picked up at the sewing Expo last week. It is a pattern for a little girly skirt.


I think that it turned out pretty cute. I have another one cut out with the same black, green, blue, and yellow fabric, but with a different contrasting fabric. I am hoping to get that one done in the next couple of days...we shall see.

I also need to do some stuff around the house! ....that might have to take precedent over my sewing for a little while.

1 comment:

Holly said...

That is a very adorable skirt! I really like the fabric!