I don't know if y'all love the food network as much as I do, but I LOVE it. If I have the TV on, that is usually what I am watching. One of my very favorite shows on the food network is diners, drive-ins, and dives. I love seeing all of the food and atmosphere at all of these little hole in the wall places. I would love to plan a vacation around all of these eating places. :)
Today, Zack and I were able to go and eat at one of the diner's that has been featured on Diners, drive-ins, and dives, The Marietta Diner. Zack had to go take a test for work today and so we made a day of it and I went with him. I had looked up directions for how to get to the diner before we left this A.M., and so, when it was time to think about dinner, we headed there.
I LOVED it! The atmosphere was really nice, the waiter was very friendly, and the food was really good and came in large portions. Their menu is HUGE. One of their specialties is Greek food, and Zack and I LOVE Greek food. (When we lived in Mobile there was a Greek Festival and we loved going there and getting all of the yummy Greek cuisine.) We both ordered Gyro Plates. They were really good, and they came with free spanakopita (spinach pie).
Our waiter loaded us up on the spanakopita, I guess that he thought that we REALLY liked it. He brought us a to go box filled with it. I guess that Zack and I will be having it for breakfast tomorrow....and the next day...
We also had a TON of food left from our meal and we brought home enough with us to have another meal off of it!I wish that we had had enough room left to try the desserts. They had cases full of HUGE cakes, cannoli, tiramisu, and baklava. They looked REALLY good, but I don't think that Zack or I could have managed to eat another bite after our big delicious dinner!! If we are ever in that area again, I hope that we will be able to go back and eat at the Diner again!
1 comment:
We are watching that show right now as I'm typing!! How funny!
Post a Comment