Sunday, March 8, 2009

Baby Shower for Brandon and Corrie

Today I went to a baby shower honoring my good friend from college, Brandon and his sweet wife Corrie, who are about to have a baby. It was about an hour away from where I live and was going to be starting at 3 today. So, I had a quick lunch with my parents and Zack, and I headed down the interstate to my destination.


Brandon's sister Anna Lauren...She is too cute!

The shower was hosted by Brandon's sister (love her!!!), his grandmother, mother, Mama Hipp, and Mrs. Webb. They did a GREAT job and there was lots of amazing food! (they are all great cooks!)
The yummy spread!

The super cute petit fours that Mama Hipp brought. Yum!


Corrie received lots of great gifts that will come in really handy once their little blessing arrives. I made them a Sunday Diaper bag and matching burp cloth.


We played a couple games, neither of which I had played before.

For the first game, there were 6 jars of baby food with labels removed for us to taste and then label with the correct flavor. After tasting these things, I am not sure how babies can stand to eat them. They were disgusting! The flavors were turkey and gravy, sweet potato, carrots, chicken noodle, mango, and squash...so for any of you with infants that you are starting to give solid foods... I strongly caution you against these flavors! :)


The second game that we played was gift bingo. We were given blank bingo cards and we then had to fill the spaces in with the names of items that we thought that Corrie would receive at the shower. Then, as she opened her gifts, we marked off squares until someone had a bingo....lets just say I did not win either of these games! :)

It was really good to have the chance to reconnect with some of my friends that I haven't gotten to see in a while. I ended up staying much later than I had planned, but it is always such a blessing to spend time with friends!

The girls, Anna Lauren, Me, Jenny, Corrie, Hanna, and Rachel

2 comments:

E said...

Aww! I miss my girls! Love you!

andreabrosto said...

SUPER DUPER cute bag! You're so talented! Did you post that on your other blog?