Tuesday, March 3, 2009

We have a new favorite!

Tonight was my night to bring food over to our dear friends Hector and Chrsity, who just had a baby. Zack was excited because he didn't get to meet Cohen last week like I did, so this was going to be his first chance to get a peek at the little cutie!

I always get a little stressed out by things like this for a couple of reasons.
  1. What to make...I know what we like, but everyone is different.
  2. Trying to keep everything warm while transporting it.
  3. making sure that I am bringing enough food.
  4. I often try new recipes and then have NO idea what they are going to taste like!
Here was my menu for Christy and Hector's dinner, hopefully they liked it...at least it smelled good.

Getting everything ready to go!


Menu:
Salad
Green Beans
Italian Roasted Potatoes
Mushroom Pork Tenderloin
Beef and Barley Soup
Walnut Blondie with maple butter sauce and ice cream.

I made double of everything but the pork tenderloin so that Zack and I would have something for dinner as well. I had a pork tenderloin at home to cook for us, but didn't want to cook it and then have it get cold while we were transporting our friend's meal...I had intended to make it when I got home from bringing their meal, but I was just too tired. It's been a long day! So, we ate Beef and Barley Soup instead. It was good. It is my Aunt's recipe and one of the few "family" recipes that I have from my side of the family...

Walnut Blondie with Maple Butter Sauce

The Blondie was a new recipe...I was a little disappointed with it at first. I cooked it for the specified time. Then checked it with a toothpick to see if it was done; it came out perfectly clean. So, I took it out of the oven...However, when I was cutting them to put them into a dish for Hector and Christy, the middle didn't seem like it was done at all. I left Zack and I's in the cooling oven while we went to deliver the food, and by the time we went to eat them they were a little more done. Zack LOVED them. I was actually kinda surprised. I didn't think they would be his kind of dessert...but he said that they were his favorite dessert that I had ever made! He was even joking that he was going to call Hector up and tell him that if he didn't like the Blondies that he would willingly take them off his hands. so, guess that I will make these little bars again...I'll just have to bake them a little longer next time!

1 comment:

R Huston said...

If the blondies with maple butter syrup were anything like the ones they serve at Applebee's they are bound to be GREAT!