So, I am going to blog about a few things that I am thankful for!
1. My Man
Ya'll, I have a GOOD one! I couldn't ask for a better husband! He has been SO supportive and patient with me as I have been struggling to figure out what my next step should be! (I would really covet your prayers on this one!!) He is always committed to finding ways to improve our marriage and he is very thoughtful most of the time! ...come on people, he's not perfect!!! ...but he is one GOOD man! :)
2. A good deal
I mean, who doesn't love a good deal?! :)
Today, after being inspired by seeing so many GREAT finds that other people have had by shopping at Thrift stores, I decided to go look at our local Thrift store. I was a little disappointed and at one time a little frightened for my safety by some woman (more on that in a minute!) I live in a small town and so I guess that I shouldn't expect to find great things at our thrift store every time that I go. I did end up getting a long sleeve button up Express Men's shirt for Zack and I found myself a corduroy Jacket from Anne Taylor Loft. I got both for under 7 dollars...can't really beat that! :) They just need to be washed and then I can put them in our closets to be worn!! Yay, "new" clothes!!! Won't We look snazzy in these duds! lol!
Ok, back to the crazy lady! I was perusing the thrift stores selection of jeans when I started hearing a ruckus off to my left. I couldn't help but notice that there was a middle aged woman yelling at and berating one of the store workers. She was furious and was telling him that she was going to march herself right downtown to complain to the mayor about the treatment that she was receiving there at the thrift store. The poor man tried unsuccessfully to get the woman to settle down and told her that since they had had issues with people going into the bathrooms and stealing clothing by stuffing them under their clothes, that they had had to close the restrooms to the public. I had seen this same indignant women march herself right past the large signs stating the same thing...not to mention the rope hung across the door way...seriously?!? I have very little sympathy for her getting called out on it! Who does she think that she is!? :) Personal friend of our mayor apparently! lol. She made such a big scene! I hope that she thoroughly embarrassed herself...because I was embarrassed for her poor husband!
3. Fun Surprises -
Ok, so this isn't exactly a "fun surprise," but I just had to share this with ya'll!
Today when I got home from my thrift extravaganza, (I call it that, but we only have one thrift store that I know of! haha) I had just closed the garage door and was in the garage about to open my house door when I saw this!!!
The Lizard King!
4. Food/Recipes
Ya'll already knew that from my ridiculous obsession of taking pictures of meals! lol!!
I am thankful that we have successfully completed the three day Daniel fast that we have been doing as a church body, and that I can now eat whatever I want....don't get me wrong, I love me some fruit and veggies, but I think that this fast was harder than any fast that I have ever done! I have never been so hungry or so obsessed with food in all my life...all I could do, it seemed, for the last three days was think about food! I don't think that it helped that I had some mint oreo truffles staring me in the face every time that I opened my refrigerator!!!
Despite my obsessing about food all week, I was able to take extra time and spend it in God's word and the fast did serve as a reminder to seek God through prayer throughout my day. I think that it served to prepare my heart for our churches upcoming 21 day fast...now I just have to figure out what I plan to give up for 21 days.
I LOVE recipes! I Love love love them! They are so fun and I love finding new and yummy ones! I love to look through magazines, cookbooks, and the internet to find them. So, if ya'll have some favorites that you love, I would SO love to try them out! ...please do share! I am trying to build up my recipe collection.
I had been thinking the other day that I haven't posted any new recipes on here in a while. I will have to get on that! :)
5. Loving family and friends
Zack and I have been SO blessed by our family and friends! I do not have enough words to express how thankful Zack and I are for the people that God has placed in our lives. We have two of the most loving and supportive families, and our friends have been such a HUGE blessing throughout our lives! We have enjoyed experiencing life with them...these are the people who have shaped and continue to shape our lives! I cannot imagine life without them!! ...I couldn't possibly put pictures of all of them up here, but I posted a few...If you aren't in one of them...I am sorry, we do love you...but to find pictures with each one of you in them would take me HOURS!...so please forgive me! I am just getting them from the limited supply that I have saved to my computer hard drive!
Some of Zack's family
some of my family.
Lifetime friends...
sharing moments together...
Still today!
College friends!
and roomies!
and friends of friends that have become dear!
Sisters!!!
..and lets not forget the runners!
Dear PA friends.God continues to bless us with new godly friends!!!!
I have MANY more things that I am thankful for, but those will have to wait for another instalment of "Thankful Thursday"!!!
I hope that you have had a blessed Thursday!!! Love you all!
I hope that you have had a blessed Thursday!!! Love you all!
2 comments:
I loved reading your thankful thoughts! Love all the stories that go along with them too! You are the silliest person in the world! That's why I love you so much!!
I cannot believe I miss this post. Thanks Paula. I love you, too! I cannot believe I didn't even recognize myself! Wow!
Post a Comment