Friday, March 20, 2009

Spring's a creepin in...


Today, I FINALLY took the time to take down most of my winter decorations and started putting up some spring decorations in their place...I guess since we actually had 3 - 4 days of nice weather, that I got the spring itch....although, I have to do these things in stages...it is hard to say goodbye to those friendly winter decorations...I mean they have been my cheery friends for a couple of months now! :) ...I was, however, able to overcome the nostalgia and put them away in the end! :)

I still have a little more to do as far as taking down and organizing my winter decor, but I got a decent start on spring...I really do not have that many spring/summer decorations...I have been looking around for ideas and hopefully will be able to try a few things out before it is time to change things up yet again for fall (Which I love!).

So, I thought that I would share a few pictures of some of my spring decor...I would love to see some of yours...maybe it would give me some new ideas of things to do!

I made this wreath a couple of years ago, and I surprisingly still like it! :) I ment to get a picture of it while it was still light outside, but forgot. Maybe I can remember to get one tomorrow.

This little candle nest sits on my coffee table. I couldn't get a very good picture of it due to glare. The glass probably could use a washing too! So, don't look too closely!

I used the grass vases from Christy and Hector's baby shower on my mantle. I thought they looked pretty there.

I made a little nest using Spanish moss and some painted wooden eggs. I plan to "speckle" these eventually. Right now this is sitting on my kitchen table, but I am not sure that it will stay there.


No comments: