
So, I stumbled across this blog today...and as my luck would have it, I am a day or 2 late for the fun...But I thought that I would blog about a project that I did today anyway.
I have been mourning the lack of cute spring decor in my home...and my lack of budgeted money with which to purchase any. Anyway, I have been seeing all of these cute moss covered bunnies ( at places such as Pier 1). So, I decided that I would make one for my home.
So, I took the piece of Styrofoam block that I had used to help me make the Monkey Pops and I set my hand to carving...ummm...have I EVER carved/sculpted anything in my whole life?!?! What was I thinking. I used a picture of the the Pier 1 bunny as my template and took my little kitchen paring knife and set to work!
So, my block went from this:
to this:
I know, I am as shocked as you are! It almost looks like a bunny!!! Can you believe it!?
Then, I took some Spanish moss, my hot glue gun, and my fingers (Between the risk of chopping off my fingers or burning them, this project was a hazard to my hands!!) Once I got the moss onto the bunny-like foam, I thought that it was hard to tell that it was bunny anymore...so, I added a ribbon around the neck to try to delineate the head better...not sure if It worked or not. Then, I went stick hunting in my yard...I placed one end into the bunny and one end into some dirt in another of those cute little pails...added a little moss and I have what I think is a cute little bunny topiary. Yea!!! A fun springy decoration that I payed maybe 2 dollars for!
I also have been seeing a lot of really cute monogrammed items. So, I decided that I wanted one. I have a couple of frames sitting in a closet waiting for me to find them a home. ...and yesterday when I went to Micheal's, I bought some cute red, brown and white patterned paper. So, I printed a letter template off of my computer and then cut around it. I placed it one the paper and then framed the whole thing. I cannot decide if I want to add "est. 2004" to the bottom or not...what do you think? Now I need to find a place to hang or place it! :)
11 comments:
Love them both,, I think your bunny looks just as cute as all the others i've seen around,, the monogram looks great, I would leave it as is.. just found your blog today by the way at Lindsays site,, so thanks for sharing.
Debbie
You are so creative!
We need to talk. Love you!
I found your blog through Living with Lindsay. Pretty stuff. You are very resourceful and creative.
How adorable! I *just* today went to Pier 1 and bought two of the moss bunnies on a stick. I like yours even better!
I LOVE the bunny, Paula! So cute!
I like the monogrammed frame too. You are very crafty!
Thanks for the new ideas and recipes.
WOW...you're quite the carver! The bunny turned out really, really cute! And I love the monogram.
Your blog is great. So glad I found it! I also like your other blog, and the cute monogramed bags. The baby items are also adorable. But we have no babies at our house. :( A few teenagers though.
Have a great day.
Sandra
I'm in shock that you just carned that little bunny! It's just too cute!!
The bunny is sooo adorable! great idea!!
How adorable. Thank you so much for the idea. I've wanted one of these but was to cheap to buy one.
A little tip... if you have and electric x-acto knife it will cut styrofoam like butter.
Your bunny is adorable...and I'm sure would have been in the running for a win! Love the monogram too. I think I need to do one of those.
Post a Comment