Wednesday, April 15, 2009

a busy day!

A few weeks ago, I got a call from my friend Joy, who is getting married this weekend. She was calling to ask if she could stay at our house from the Wednesday before her wedding until that Saturday....she also asked if 2 of her brides maids would be able to stay. I said of course!

I am really looking forward to her coming tonight, but I have been so busy sewing and getting ready for other things that I have sorely neglected my house! SO, today, I had to pull out the cleaning supplies and get busy! I wasn't able to get everything deep cleaned like I would have liked, but it is "straight" as my friend Amanda says! I also found out last night that we will have four girls other than the bride staying here...so things are going to be pretty cramped! We just have a little house, so not a whole lot of room, but all squeezing in for a weekend can be fun and makes for some good memories! Besides, one of the reasons that Zack and I feel that God allowed us the ability to purchase a home was so that we could share it with others through either dinner, games, a place to meet, or a place to stay when needed.

I had to take a break from cleaning around noon so that I could finish Joy's apron. It is a little harder to work on things like that when the person is in your house! So, I took a couple of hours and finished it up. I think that she will like it. The fabric reminds me of her. It is bright, cheerful, and fun! I also found this really fun looking cookbook that from flipping through it looks like it has some really good recipes in it!



For dinner tonight, I tried a recipe for "Pork in Orange Sauce". It was pretty good. It is one of the few Asian inspired recipes that I have tried. Zack liked it despite the celery. :) ha!

2 comments:

E said...

I love the apron. I like the colors. You're so crafty!

happyhome said...

Do you make and sell your aprons? You really should...they are adorable!