Tuesday, April 7, 2009

hit the jack pot

Today was the second week of our four week Beth Moore Bible study. Like last week, it was packed! I really enjoyed it, and Beth had a lot of really good things to say!

After Bible Study, I promised Caren that I would help out in the preschool area to help them get ready for Easter Sunday. Our church has been blessed with LOTS of little ones over the last couple of years and they have out grown there current space (a wonderful problem to have) So, we spent the afternoon today helping to move the resource room so that they would have another class room in which to put them. There was a lot of work to be done, but it was accomplished pretty quickly with all of the hands we had helping. I have to tell you Caren and I did MUCH better giving of our time to the church than from our garage sale experience! The church was cleaning out the resource room while moving, and they were getting rid of things that they no longer had a use for. So, I ended up with 3 glass pitchers, a grape vine wreath, some little terracotta pots, a pretty metal planter, a topiary, some buttons, and some fabric! Caren found a lot of things that she could use too. The best part was that it was all free! :) Yay!!!



I tried out a new recipe tonight too. I tried out a recipe for Greek Chicken Penne Pasta. It turned out pretty good...not quite as good as a gyro from the Marietta Dinner, but it might give us enough Greek flavor to help us make it to the next time that we can find a place with really good Gyros. :)
After dinner tonight, Zack and I went to go see a movie. There are cheap tickets at our local theater on Tuesday nights...and so if we go to a movie, we try to take advantage of the deal! We went to see "Race to Witch Mountian". I had seen Escape to Witch Mountian and Escape from Witch Mountian growing up, but it has been YEARS!!! So, when I saw that this movie was coming out, it reminded me of my childhood and I thought that it would be fun to go see. The movie was entertaining although a little far fetched and the acting was ok. It didn't really draw you into the movie, but the story was engaging and you liked the main characters. It is not a movie that I would run out and buy, but I enjoyed my "date night" movie with my man! :)

No comments: