Wednesday, April 8, 2009

magnet madness!

I love having fun pictures of friends and family proudly displayed on our refrigerator...but I HATE the cluttered feel, and ugly magnets. So, I have been wanting to make some new magnets for my refrigerator for a while now, but just couldn't decide what I wanted to do. I was looking at a magnet that I had gotten on a trip that Zack and I had taken a couple years ago and I was inspired. It is a little tile magnet that has a cute dutch scene on it. So, I went to the hardware store and bought some small tiles to use to make magnets for my refrigerator. I covered them with cute springy scrap book paper and then used little stickers and punch out scrap book words to decorate them. I thought that they turned out pretty cute, and I was able to throw out all of those ugly flimsy magnets that we had gotten from credit card offers that Zack put on our fridge. yay!

Before:

The finished magnets:

After:

3 comments:

The Cherry Tree 123 said...

Such a great idea!! They turned out really cute. Glad my picture made the fridge!

Small House said...

I absolutely love this idea!! I'm really excited about this. I'll be heading to Lowes tonight. I even have tomorrow off!! I have so much planned for tomorrow, I hope I can fit everything in! This is now on my list. If they turn out, can I share this on my blog, and link to you?? Just let me know.
THANKS!!
Sandra

andreabrosto said...

Glad my pic made the fridge too!I actually bought some painted magnets like these on etsy last year! I was tired of the boring magnets too. I had some etsy girl paint some to match my kitchen--random I know. Your's are super cute!