So, last night I came to a breaking point and I had a little mini break down! ...poor Zack! He has to put up with his slightly neurotic wife.
But, thankfully, God is so amazing and He has blessed me with wonderful friends! Our dear friend Christy was helping me with the shower and she did an AMAZING job of making food and coming over today and helping with the last minute stuff. Also, today, while wandering the aisle of Micheal's desperately trying to come up with some kind of table scape...I ran into my friend Skye...she was having an equally crazy day and so, we were swapping horror stories of all of the things that we had to get done before the day was over! Anyway, at about 4:45 p.m. I got a call from Skye and she asked me if I was at home...which, of course I was (running around like a crazy person) so, Skye said..."I am coming over to your house to help you...don't even think about saying 'no' ...just come up with a list of things that I can help you with!" ...and then angels started singing and there was great rejoicing in Heaven! ...ok, so there was rejoicing in my heart...but still...I cannot tell you how much it meant to me to have Skye some over and help me out! It was an answer to prayer...because there is NO way that I was going to be able to get everything done that needed to be done before everyone started to show up!
Because Cliff and Pam do not know what they are having (boy or girl) I only had the color scheme of the bedding that they are using in their nursery to go on. It is a blue, brown, green and white stripe fabric. So, that is what I used for inspiration for the shower.
I already showed you a picture of their invitations, but here it is again if you missed them. I was really happy with how they turned out.

The flower arrangements were white hydrangeas, blue lilacs, and green willow branches. The one on the main table had sliced limes around the base. I think that it turned out really cute. (I stole the idea for the limes from the flower arrangement that I had seen and fallen in love with at my friends bridal luncheon a few weeks back.
The menu was really stressful for me this time...I didn't want to make exactly what I had made last time...but I still wanted it to be good...so, I was stressing myself out about it all!
Our menu ended up being really good. Christy made a really nice fruit tray and dip, really good quesadillas, rotel dip, and sugar cookies with little "T"'s on them (SO cute!!).
I had decided to make:
Meatballs in plum sauce
pulled pork sandwiches
chocolate covered pretzels
cake balls
blackberry lemonade
I ordered cupcakes again from the same place that I had gotten them for Christy and Hector's baby shower...and I was again disappointed. I had given them the benefit of the doubt since I had asked them to make pretty elaborate cupcakes last time...and I thought...who could mess up polka dots?! Well, apparently they can! I had given the bakery a swatch of fabric that had the colors that I wanted the frosting matched to...and when I went to pick them up this is what I found!
UGH!!
I had made the gifts for them months ahead of time. Pam had asked me to make her a nursing cover. So, I made her a matching nursing cover and diaper bag...and then I also made a cute little reversible bubble.
I think that everyone had a good time tonight and Cliff and Pam got a lot of cute things for their little baby Tappan.
1 comment:
Everything looks so good Paula! And the food looks yummy! Lovin the cupcakes and matching swatch--it's really funny that that's what they came up with to match the swatch! And the new diaper bag is the cutest! We take ours to church every week!
Post a Comment