Thursday, April 16, 2009

Another full day!

Last night, our friend Joy got to town and I had such fun sitting up and talking with her...until REALLY late! So, I was a little groggy this morning when the alarm started going off. Joy was going to run 12 miles this morning, so she was planning to get up and go run around 7, but with our late night of talking, that didn't happen. I think that she ended up leaving to go run around 8:30. I got up when Zack left and did my Bible study and tried to figure out what I needed to get done today. I decided that since our evening was FULL, that I would go ahead and run in the morning because otherwise I might not find another opportunity. It is weird how your body gets used to certain things. It was SO much harder to run in the morning than it seems in the afternoon....not sure why...probably 100% mental!

I had lunch today with one of my friends. She is on spring break and so it was a nice treat to have the opportunity to spend some time with her. We went to this amazing little restaurant downtown and had such a good time sitting and talking! She is about 6 months pregnant, so we were able to sit and talk about all of her plans for her nursery and other fun baby stuff! :)

Zack on our church softball team, and they had a game tonight at 6:30 so we had to rush over there when he got home from work. They had a REALLY bad first game loosing 10 to 0...ouch! not a fun game. Tonight's game seemed to go much better. They won...so, that is always a plus. Zack has been pretty frustrated with his hitting, but I am sure that it will improve as the season goes on....you just have to get your timing right with slow pitch softball.


After his softball game (while still wearing his nasty stinky uniform), we went straight to one of the local colleges to hear Tony Dungy speak. I have to admit to you that I had NO idea who he was, but Zack was really excited about hearing him and he had gotten tickets so that we could go. I am glad that we went. Tony Dungy is man of great character and strong faith! It was definitely an enjoyable evening!

No comments: