...and then, because we had some strawberries in the fridge that needed to be used, I made "strawberry swirl cheesecake bars" out of the new Eagle Brand cookbook that I got for Easter (I am really excited about this cookbook...I have a bit of a sweet tooth! Ok, I LOVE desserts.). The Cheesecake bars were REALLY good! So, while I am still not sure how I feel about cube steak, I am in love with these cheesecake bars! They have 2 ingredients that when used rarely lead to anything but a sinful dessert...cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk!! Yum!
Thursday, April 2, 2009
Steak, it's what's for dinner!
Tonight, I think that I might have eaten my first cube steak ever! Growing up, my family was very health conscious and we rarely...if ever ate red meat. So, tonight when I tried a recipe for "crumb-coated cube steaks" I was not sure what to expect. The steaks were very flavorful...but a little tougher than I had anticipated. I served them with green beans and baked potatoes. I think that Zack really like them. It was kinda a nice change from the typical pork or chicken that we eat...

...and then, because we had some strawberries in the fridge that needed to be used, I made "strawberry swirl cheesecake bars" out of the new Eagle Brand cookbook that I got for Easter (I am really excited about this cookbook...I have a bit of a sweet tooth! Ok, I LOVE desserts.). The Cheesecake bars were REALLY good! So, while I am still not sure how I feel about cube steak, I am in love with these cheesecake bars! They have 2 ingredients that when used rarely lead to anything but a sinful dessert...cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk!! Yum!
...and then, because we had some strawberries in the fridge that needed to be used, I made "strawberry swirl cheesecake bars" out of the new Eagle Brand cookbook that I got for Easter (I am really excited about this cookbook...I have a bit of a sweet tooth! Ok, I LOVE desserts.). The Cheesecake bars were REALLY good! So, while I am still not sure how I feel about cube steak, I am in love with these cheesecake bars! They have 2 ingredients that when used rarely lead to anything but a sinful dessert...cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk!! Yum!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment