I found out last Monday that Zack was going to be going to California for a conference with work...and it worked out perfectly for me, because my dear friend Beth, who lives in Mobile, was going to be in Birmingham visiting her parents. I have not seen Beth for about 8 or 9 months. She was pregnant at the time and now has a BEAUTIFUL 6 month old little blessing named Kate, whom I had not gotten to meet!
So, since Zack was going to be heading out of town...and since I HATE being home alone, I went to Birmingham to spend time with Beth and her family. I had a great time! I got there a little after lunch on Wednesday.
We went to the botanical gardens and walked around.
Then, we were able to leave Kate with her parents and go to dinner and catch up. It was SO nice to be able to catch up with Beth about all of the things going on in her life! It is always such fun to hang out with her! (and Beth was excited to get to go to dinner with a friend and not have to worry about Kate getting fussy). We went to a little Greek restaurant called the Olive Branch..it was REALLY good (we both LOVE Greek food). Beth got Lamb kabobs and I had gyro. They brought out our food in 11X7 Pyrex dishes...which we got a kick out of.
Thursday, we went for a walk in the neighborhood in the morning and then we went out for Mexican for lunch! My favorite! We split 2 entree's between the three of us (Me, Beth, and Beth's mom) and we had TONS left over! After lunch we headed out shopping. Beth's mom loves to sew too and so we had lots to talk about! She took us to a couple of sewing stores in the area. We went to one that was closing so all of the fabric and patterns were on sale for 50% off. I was REALLY excited about that, and I got some new patterns that I am looking forward to trying out one day soon....
I headed home on Friday morning so that I would be home when Zack got back from California. I had missed him..because of the time change, we hadn't really gotten an opportunity to talk. I sent him texts throughout the day...but it's just not the same as hearing his voice. But, it was SO good to get the chance to spend time with Beth. I miss getting to see my PA girls! They are some of the dearest friends! And, it was such a blessing to meet Kate! She is beautiful and is the sweetest little baby girl! :) ...of course, I am not biased at all! :)
While I was waiting for Zack to get home, I decided to go running. It was my long run day, and I have to tell y'all...I am SO excited. I am up to 6 miles. I ran a total of 18 miles this past week! Yay!! Granted I am slow....but it is SO nice to see that mileage going back up! Aren't y'all proud of me?!
Zack got home around 8 and we went to dinner with a guy that Zack's company is thinking about hiring. We went out and had BBQ at our favorite little BBQ place. We had a pleasant dinner and I got to ask my little non-work related questions, like "how old are your little boys?" and "do you think that your family would like to live in a small town?" while Zack and he talked about computer codes and servers...way over my head! It was a pleasant dinner, but Zack and I were both really tired after our last couple weeks of seemingly endless going, going, going.
No comments:
Post a Comment