Monday, April 20, 2009

Another busy, fun-filled wedding weekend

This past weekend, our friend Joy got married. We had the blessing of having Joy stay with us for several days before her wedding. It was so nice to get a chance to catch up the first night that she was here. We only got to see her briefly in the morning and evenings on the other days of her stay, but that is to be expected with all of the preparations and last minute errands that she had to handle. Joy got to our house on Wednesday night. Then each night after, until the wedding, we added one or more brides maids/friends of the bride. It was fun having all of the excitement of the wedding buzz going on in our home...and it was SO great to see Joy just radiating happiness! I am so excited for her to have found someone that she can feel so much love and respect for.

Joy and Matt met in D.C., where Joy currently lives. She ran with Zack in college and when she moved to D.C. she continued to run....a love that she and Matt share. Matt saw Joy running and decided to give her one of his business cards so that she could call him sometime. She did end up calling him and asking him to pick up her race packet for a race that she was going to be running that weekend...so, their first date was to a race...so, it only seems appropriate that the morning of their wedding day, they ran a race together! Matt won running around a 15 minute 5K...and I think that Joy ran about her goal time.

The bride's Maids ended up getting ready at our house...all 8 of them! :) So, instead of stay and witness the chaos going on in our home (there were girls EVERYWHERE! :) lol) Zack and I went and met his parents at a local high school where his youngest brother was running a track meet. It was fun getting to see Zack's brother run...we don't get to see him run often because we don't live close by each other. So, it is a treat when we do get to see him. He didn't run his race as quickly as he had hoped, but I thought that he did a great job. He ran a mile in about 4:14. They had already raced 2 other times that week....so, all in all, I think that he did a great job...and he looked really strong while he was running...I would have taken some pictures of him, but in my hurry to get ready to go, admist the chaos, I left my camera at home.

We ended up getting back to our house before all of the girls were finished getting ready. Zack and I just kinda hung back and let them do their thing. I was able to get into our room and bathroom with enough time to get ready for the wedding.

The wedding was beautiful and they were married by the same pastor that married Zack and I, which is kinda fun! We had so much fun getting to catch up with old friends and act crazy! We had cow bells to ring to encourage the couple to kiss. We also were given glow sticks to wave while the couple ran past on their way out (I don't know that I have ever seen that done before at a wedding, but we had a lot of fun with it!)

This little guy was too cute! He was the ring bearer.
He was helping sweep out the Chapel after the ceremony was finished!


The microphone made an appearance again this weekend. Here is Jody serenading Paul

Zack and I.

2 comments:

andreabrosto said...

You look so pretty in that picture of you and Zack!

andreabrosto said...

Oh, we took the diaper bag you made us to church on Sunday! It was so cute and it was a hit!! Did you get my email about that lady?