Friday afternoon, Fogg's aunt was throwing a bridal luncheon/shower for Karen which I was invited to, and Zack needed to get down to Lagrange in time to pick up his tux for the next day. I RSVP'd to the luncheon, and then, as we were heading to it, I realized that I probably would only know Fogg's mom and the bride...awkward! :) haha..it ended up being a lot of fun and I was able to meet some of Fogg's family, a couple of friends of Fogg and Karen from the military and the sister's and mother of the bride. I got there a little early and it was just me and Fogg's aunt until the bride and her entourage showed up. I fell in love with the table decorations...they were BEAUTIFUL!!
I am happy to say that Karen LOVED her apron! yay!!! Success! I was so relieved, I wasn't sure if she liked to cook or not...you just never know...
After the luncheon, I hitched a ride with Karen's mom back to Fogg's house so that I could meet back up with Zack, who had left me at the luncheon to go get his tux. I was a little scared for my life. lol...apparently there are not many hills in New Mexico, which is where Karen's family is from...and apparently, that affects the way that you accelerate and negotiate the road...thankfully, I, unlike the other 2 passengers, do not typically suffer from motion sickness, or it could have been a LONG ride! I did enjoy my ride with Karen's mother, sister, and family friend...it gave me a little more time to get to know them.
After making it safely to Fogg's house, Zack and I took a little time to hang out with Fogg....we really miss that boy! Then, we had to go check into our hotel...I was a little scared, because Zack and I decided to go with a "cheaper" hotel option than those that Karen had sent us...which was also across town...you know...trying not to break the budget. While Zack was talking about booking this particular hotel, I asked him to read the reviews to me...he didn't really want to, but with some cajoling, he eventually did...there were only 3 of them. 2 were your normal, "hotel was nice for the price" ...but one of them was "room smelled like urine, not clean at all, I will never stay here again"...hmmm...deffinately a little disheartening! Zack and I talked about it, and decided that we would risk it...we decided that we could always look back and laugh about it...thankfully, we don't have to, while it was no 5 star hotel, it was clean and the bed was relatively comfortable.
We went to the rehearsal shortly after checking into our hotel. It was pretty disorganized and at times I wondered if the wedding coordinator had ever coordinated a wedding before, but we made it through successfully and then headed to the rehearsal dinner. They had the rehearsal dinner in this really cute old church that had been converted to a restaurant. The dinner was much like Fogg...southern through and through. BBQ and chicken fingers, etc. I was thankful that we were able to be a part of the rehearsal dinner as well, as it gave Zack and I both more time to get to know their friends and family. Who are a lot of fun.
After the rehearsal dinner, we went to a cabin that Karen and her family had rented to play games. Zack got into a game of poker (not for money) and I sat and talked with Fogg and some of their friends...it was really a lot of fun! Zack was at the poker table until the end (about 1:30) until he eventually lost to Fogg's brother.
Saturday morning, despite being up late the night before, we HAD to get up in time for the continental breakfast...Zack LOVES breakfast...It was not too bad they had some frozen waffles, toast, cereal, cinnamon rolls, muffins, and fruit...
After Breakfast, we got ready to go and packed up the car. we did't have to be at the church until 1 oclock. So, Zack and I decided to go down to the square and sit, read and eat lunch. The Lagrange Square is nice and has a pretty fountain in the middle of it.
We got to the church in time for Zack to change into his tux and be ready for pictures. Fogg and Karen were married in the same chapel that Fogg's parents had been married in. I thought that is was a sweet sentiment. It was a small intimate wedding. They did something that I had never seen before, but that I thought was really neat. They had the parents come up and bless the couple. The pastor said that the couple needed their marriage blessed by God, of course, but also by their families. He had Karen and Fogg standing with Fogg's back to the crowd and Karen in front of him. The pastor then said, "these two are now one...just as you cannot see one for the other, you cannot say something to Karen about Fogg without also saying it to him. You cannot say something to Fogg about Karen without saying it to Her as well..." I thought that was really cool!
Some of the former Rage (Cross Country Team) made the trip down to the wedding. As always, when together, we had a great time! ...and Embo even brought the infamous microphone.
No comments:
Post a Comment