This week is VBS at our church. In past years, I have been working and have not been able to help out. However, this year, since I'm not currently working, I signed up to help. I will admit that I struggled with the decision, since I don't really have too much experience teaching groups of rowdy kids. Thankfully, today, I was paired with another lady and 2 teen age girls. So, at least I wasn't alone with a bunch of 1st graders!!
This year for VBS, our church is doing something a little different. We are having our VBS at and local park instead of at the church itself. The church was hoping to serve the community that the park is located in and hopefully minister to some of the children that live there...they are PRECIOUS by the way!
There are definitely some kinks to work out, but all in all, I think that the first day went pretty well...at least no major catastrophes. I am working with one of the groups of 1st graders...I came home EXHAUSTED today! We go to a number of different stations through out the day. Recreation, Art, Mission, story time, and music. The children are also provided with both breakfast and lunch, which is really great, because we are not sure if some of these children really get much in the way of meals at home!
I just hope that I have enough energy to make it through the week! :)


No comments:
Post a Comment