Thursday, June 18, 2009

VBS - Day 4



Today was a good day at VBS. We had a little smaller class today, which kinda made things a little more manageable! The little girl that I wrote about yesterday...the one afraid to fail...was like a different child today! I was SOOOOOO proud of her! She participated in every activity that we did today! She was more open and friendly...we were SO excited!

Today's big activity was DOGE BALL!! The kids LOVED it...remember, our group is almost all boys?! :) Sometimes I think that the youth leaders enjoy the recreational time even more than our little guys! They get really competitive! Thankfully, it has served, up to this point, to get our kids more excited about the activity and not the opposite.


At art today, the kids made paper chain necklaces with statements about obedience. One of our little boys decided to decorate his face instead of the paper...he drew a beard and mustache with a black crayola marker....which turned to a lovely green color when we tried to scrub it off...boys will be boys.

It was REALLY hot outside today...it seems like the days have been getting exponentially hotter! We let the kids have LOTS of water breaks! I also will admit that I "might" ave pour water on a couple of our kids...of course, they then had to retaliate! Which, actually felt pretty good...especially since my little friend was not quite able to drench me with the huge cup of water that he had...thank goodness for long arms! :) haha!

After VBS today, I came home and CRAShED! I'm not really sure how long I slept...but probably a couple of hours.

When Zack got home I made some dinner. We had Hearty Sirloin Pitas, hummus, and salad for dinner. The pitas were a new recipe...and actually were pretty good. :)

1 comment:

andreabrosto said...

Did you make the hummus? Cory would love that meal!