
This past weekend I watched the movie "New in Town." I must confess to you that I really did not have high hopes for this movie. It seems like the last few movies that Zack and I have rented or gone to see have been...well, disappointing. So, I was pleasantly surprised when this movie didn't follow suit! Other than some unnecessary language and a couple of sexual references, this was a clean movie with an enjoyable story line. The characters are quirky and lovable. The people of New Ulm remind me of how I typically feel when I go to visit the midwest. They are, as a whole, friendly and loving people...albeit somewhat mischievous. The characters of the towns folk are a bit overdone, but you cannot help but like them. Although many may not agree with me, I really was refreshed by this movie after having seen so many movies recently that fell flat...ie "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past"..one word...disappointing! If you are looking for a light heated endearing movie to watch, I would recommend this movie to you.
1 comment:
Thanks Paula, I actually wanted to rent this over the week-end, but decided against it. I will have to rent it now!
Post a Comment