Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thankful Thursday

Ok, here's today's installment of Thankful Thursday

1. Obscure Holidays

I have been laughing reading these things today! I'm not really sure what made me look them up, but I am so glad that I did!

Here are a few of my favorite ones for this month:

April 3rd Tweed Day - Seriously?!?! there is a day dedicated to Tweed?

April 4th walk around things day - don't you do this everyday?!

April 8th Draw a picture of a bird Day - huh?!?

April 11th Eight Track Tape Day - hmmm

April 15th Rubber Eraser Day - I mean, can you imagine life without them?

April16th National High Five Day, third Thursday

April 17th Blah Blah Blah Day

I think that I might try to celebrate some of these this month.

2. Spell Checker!

I cannot tell you how much I love my spell checker! I am one of the worst spellers that I know...example. We were playing a game of "Things" one night, and the subject that we were supposed to make up a comment to was "things that tell you that you are in a bad restaurant" Well, I wrote, "finding fish net hoes in your soup" kinda changes the whole meaning people! :) haha! We got a good laugh out of it when my friend pointed it out to EVERYONE who was playing!!! Thanks Pam! lol, Just kidding!

3. The Sun!!!

Oh how I have been missing it over the last couple weeks. I am thankful for the rain...really, I am...I know that we need it and that without it we get back into trouble with drought issues...but I just need a little sun fix every once in a while...I imagine that this is how people up North feel during the winter...Yesterday we had a little bit of sun and as I went to go run, I was amazed at all of the people out running, biking, picnicking...I must not have been the only one who needed to get out and bask in the day!!


4. The ability to look at something with a different perspective

Zack and I live in a little neighborhood that, for the most part, has nicely manicured lawns...and then there is our yard. (I have already told y'all that I am no gardener...should I be worried that my little herbs that are guaranteed to grow are not yet growing?)

Yes, we are those neighbors...we do our best...Zack tries to keep our yard mowed and about once a year we go out for a "Yard Fest" to try to plant something and spread some mulch or pine straw...it makes us feel better...I'm not sure that it really does anything for the yard...but again..we are a little clueless when it comes to landscaping...(My cousin Matt would be appalled!) I mean don't get me wrong...it is passable...it just isn't beautiful...well, at least not in the usual sense of the word. Zack and I were looking out into our back yard the other day and Zack said..."man, we have a TON of dandelions. They look kinda pretty...I bet that our neighbors are jealous! haha :)" We now affectionately refer to the back yard as "the meadow" lol. There is something pretty about it...even if it isn't that beautiful thick, green grass that you typically want in your back yard....it's all about perspective! lol!!




5. God's Promises!

I need to remind myself of these more often. Here are just a few:

"But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus". Phillipians 4:19.

"And He said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness.'..."
II Corinthians 12:9

"No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it."
I Corinthians 10:13

"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose."
Romans 8:28

I hope that you have a wonderful and blessed Thursday!

1 comment:

R Huston said...

I stumbled on this website today and thought you might like to take a look at it! I'm actually considering doing it!

http://www.e-mealz.com/index.shtml