Monday, April 20, 2009

Snacks for small group

I ended up trying a new recipe tonight. I made peanut butter cake bars to take to small group tonight. I seem to have had issues with all of the brownies, Blondie's, and bars that I have made lately. They look nicely browned on the outside and the toothpicks come out clean...but they are not done...so, I took these bars out of the oven after putting about 6 toothpicks in them to make sure that they were done. I let them cool on a rack and then when I went to cut them, I was frustrated to find out that they were NOT done!!! UGH!! I only had a few minutes before we were about to leave for small group, but I put them back in the oven! They were still a little soft when I took them out so that we could leave for small group, but I think that they still ended up tasteing pretty good. I'm not sure what I am going to do about my doneness dilemma!! ugh! I guess that a little chewy is better than burnt!

1 comment:

andreabrosto said...

You are making me the hungriest! I wish you could come cook for me!