Friday, April 3, 2009

Friday Fun

I have been wanting to go garage sale shopping for a while now...and because of the weather or other obligations, I have not been able to! So, I decided that if the weather was nice this weekend that I would go. I got the paper and looked to find where the garage sales would be in our area and I saw that there was going to be a BIG garage sale in a little town near ours where one of my good friends lives. So, I called her to see if she could go with me either Friday or Saturday. We talked it over and decided that we would go on Friday so that we could sift through things before they were too picked over! (can you tell that Caren and I are not very experienced garage sale shoppers?) Well, I got up this morning put my garage sale money in my pocket and headed the 30 minutes to my friend Caren's house. I picked her up and we headed to the garage sale...and we were VERY disappointed! What was supposed to be a 152 house garage sale ended up being a 10 -15 house sale...with very little merchandise...apparently Saturday is the day to go, because that is the day that the whole neighborhood gets involved...oh well, live and learn I guess. Caren and I did both purchase something. Caren bought a brand new shower curtain liner for $.50 and I got a cute shelf for $4...not sure if I am going to paint it black...or white...or just leave it as it is.

one of the houses with the most stuff for sale...sad, I know.
Me checking out a little white bird...tempting, but I am holding out for some birds from the dollar tree to paint...if I can ever find them at ours.
Caren wanted me to try on this crazy moomoo thing so that she could take a picture of me, but we compromised and I tried on this St. Patrick's day scarf instead...People were a little confused as to why we were taking pictures of ourselves at a garage sale...apparently not everyone does that?! :)
Caren and I with our final purchases...what do you think, should I paint the shelf?

After our disappointing garaging experience, we headed over to the outlet mall...we still had some time before Caren "had" to be back home to take over watching her cute little ones...Her loving husband was watching them for her while we were out. So, we hit the old Navy, Carter's, and Oshkosh outlets. Caren found 2 pairs of CUTE blue jeans for her little girls at Old Navy and she got a really cute toy at Carters for under $2...cannot beat that! Especially when we have so many friends having babied right now!!! It is always a good idea to have a baby gift or two on hand!

We left the outlets, ran by little Caesar's pizza and picked up lunch, and headed back to Caren's house to relieve Forrest from "daddy duty" so that he could get ready for work. After lunch, I was introduced to the exercise sensation known as Elmosize. So, before the kids went down for their nap, we Elmosized...haha you have to love kids!
They were all really into it!
They wanted me and mommy to do it with them. So, We all Elmosized together!

After our workout, the little ones went to bed for a nap and I was able to sit and visit with my friend Caren for a little while...So, despite the garage sale being a HUGE disappointment, the day ended up being a lot of fun!!

1 comment:

R Huston said...

Too bad you don't live closer! Our church is having a HUGE yard sale tomorrow. Proceeds benefit summer missions!