Saturday, May 30, 2009

Fun night of fellowship

Pot luck

Tonight Zack and I went to a potluck dinner. It was a dinner to allow fellowship between the small group leaders at our church. I was stressing over what to make..I just couldn't decide, but I ended up making hashbrown casserole and a brownie chocolate chip cheesecake. I have made the hashbrowns before and they are a favorite of Zack's. The Cheesecake was a new recipe out of a cookbook that I got from Mama Sandy for Easter. It turned out REALLY yummy...but really rich! It has a brownie layer for a crust and it is topped with a cheesecake that has mini chocolate chips mixed through it. YUM!

Brownie Chocolate Chip Cheesecake

There were about five small group leader couples that came. The meal was really good and Zack and I ended up eating WAY too much.

After dinner, we played a round of catch phrase that was really pretty entertaining. Zack and I do not really know the other couples that well. Most of them are older than us, but it was fun getting a chance to get to know them a little better and spend time fellowshiping with them!

1 comment:

E said...

Fellowship time is the best!

Man, that cheesecake looks awesome!

Save the date for Sunday, July 19th - a shower at my sis' house!