Last night was our first official "family" night. About a week or so ago when I was at my friend Caren's house to babysit for her, I was telling her about a lady that did themed family nights with her children and how fun it looked. So, we decided that we would have one. We planned out the menu, event, and decorations. Then, I was supposed to go up early yesterday and help with the decorations, etc...but that didn't happen (things have been a little crazy around here, and we didn't really want to drive separately). We then arrived REALLY late. We were supposed to be there around 6-6:30, but Zack didn't realize that we were supposed to get there that early...so, we ended up getting there after they had played most of the games. Caren let them play again right before they put them to bed so that I could see them. I had pack up the things that I was supposed to bring, most of which didn't end up getting used since we were late...oh well. Hopefully next time Zack and I will be there on time.
Events:
Crazy Cans
Sack race
Bean bag toss
face painting
ring toss
Decorations:
Caren made signs for all of the various events and made tickets for the kids to pay to play each game.
menu:
Hamburgers and hot dogs
Pasta salad
funnel cakes
pop corn
tea and coke
(I brought all of the ingredients from my pantry to make funnel cake batter, but when I got there, Forrest already had! :) lol)
Guests:
Cliff and Pam
Chris, Lindsey,and baby "R"
Zack and I
Caren, Forrest, "S", "A", and "J"
The kids had a great time and it was a lot of fun to hang out with friends. We are planning to plan another "family" night sometime soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment