Thursday, May 21, 2009

Thursday night's dinner


I tried a few more new recipes tonight. We had Pork Tenderloin Diane, Onion Roasted Potatoes, Asparagus, and sour dough bread. The recipes for the potatoes and pork came out of a cookbook that my Aunt gave me while visiting them last week, and the sour dough was made from a starter that my mother gave me. Zack liked everything at dinner tonight, but he LOVED the sour dough bread. Guess that I will have te make sure that I keep it alive so that I can make some more of it for him! :)

Onion Roasted Potatoes
Taste of Home

2 pounds of red potatoes, sliced 1/2 inch thick
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 envelope onion soup mix

Combine all ingredients in a large plastic bag; shake until well coated. Empty bag into an ungreased 9X13 inch baking dish. Cover and bake at 350 for 35 minutes, stirring occasionally. Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender.

yield: 6-8 servings

No comments: