Tuesday, May 5, 2009

banana pudding cheesecake


Today one of my best friends (since elementary school), Melia and her mother were in our neck of the woods doing some shopping for her business, and they were planning to come stay at our house for the night, since it is on there way back home. So, since I knew that they were coming and because I know that Melia loves cheesecake factory's Banana Cheesecake, I decided to try out a recipe for Banana Pudding cheesecake. Unfortunately, Melia and her mom were not able to come stay for the night, but ended up having to drive all of the way back home tonight (she needed to get home to take care of her son...babysitter fell through for the next morning). I was pretty disappointed, because I was really looking forward to seeing them. Zack and I tried to invited some friends over tonight after he got home from his church softball game, but that didn't happen either...it was a little late to be asking anyway (around 9:30). So, Zack and I had to eat our cheesecake alone! :( poor us!

Zack really liked it. I thought that the banana's should have been more ripe ...but it was still pretty good. It hasn't chilled quite long enough and I think that it will get better as it has time for the flavors to meld. I think that I will try this cheesecake again and modify the things that I didn't like, but Zack thought that it was really good the way it was.

5 comments:

andreabrosto said...

Oh, I wished we lived closer! I would have come over to eat your cheesecake with you... It looks so yummy!

R Huston said...

It looks delicious!!

The Cherry Tree 123 said...

Oh Paula, I had no idea you made that. I feel awful. I love Banana Cheesecake!! You were so sweet to do that. I am definitely talking to Ryan about the next planned visit.

April Kay said...

Aww, Paula, what happened? Why couldn't they visit you? That looks soooo yummy though! Did you know that's my favorite, too? Melia introduced me several years ago! It was actually when Melia, Andrea, and I took Jennifer out for her b-day a few years ago to Cheesecake Factory. Wait, Brooke & I split it on our girls trip to ATL last year, remember? Oh, please make me some and ship it to me! Love you.

Pauliwog said...

Melia got called home by mommy responsibilities. Which,in my book, are much more important than coming to stay at my house!