Monday, May 18, 2009

our last day and another LONG drive


Sunday, we went to church with my Grandfather. I think that it meant a lot to him for us to be there with him. His church is very traditional, but the preaching was pretty good, and I was able to stay awake despite being REALLY tired after our long day the day before! After church, we went back to our room and packed up/changed clothes while my mom and dad visited with my Grandfather. Once we had finished packing, we went down the hall to my Grandfather's apartment and spent a little time with him before heading back to my Aunt and Uncle's House for a quick lunch. We headed out about 1 o'clock to go to my Cousin's house which is about an hour or so away. They are building a new house and it is almost finished. He and his wife had invited us to go see it. It is BEAUTIFUL! They have done such a great job on it and Sherri has decorated it beautifully! My cousin is quite a bit older than me...and he has always lived about 14 hours away, so we were never super close, but it is always nice to see him. I feel like I always do when we visit our out of town family...I wish that they lived closer so that we might have actually had a close relationship and gotten to know each other better...but that is not how it is...oh well, we will continue to hold them dear and love them from a distance!

No comments: