So....I decided to try to make pizza from scratch for dinner tonight. I have long been afraid of yeast breads...and now my fear has been confirmed. I made the pizza dough this afternoon (not having a clue what I was supposed to be doing.) It smelled so good. So, I left it to rise while I went for a run...it was supposed to rise for an hour...well, an hour and a half later, it still hadn't really risen...not at all...I;m not sure what I did wrong, but at that point I didn't have time to worry about it. I needed to get dinner made so that Zack would have time to eat and them get to his softball game. So, I punched my already flat dough...divided it into 2 balls and rolled them out to make my pizza's. They had really good flavor, but the crust was like a brick... and I have no idea what I did wrong...sigh...well, I will have to put this behind me and take some time to work up the courage to make homemade pizza dough again someday...
Friday, May 1, 2009
Pizza at the Hut
So....I decided to try to make pizza from scratch for dinner tonight. I have long been afraid of yeast breads...and now my fear has been confirmed. I made the pizza dough this afternoon (not having a clue what I was supposed to be doing.) It smelled so good. So, I left it to rise while I went for a run...it was supposed to rise for an hour...well, an hour and a half later, it still hadn't really risen...not at all...I;m not sure what I did wrong, but at that point I didn't have time to worry about it. I needed to get dinner made so that Zack would have time to eat and them get to his softball game. So, I punched my already flat dough...divided it into 2 balls and rolled them out to make my pizza's. They had really good flavor, but the crust was like a brick... and I have no idea what I did wrong...sigh...well, I will have to put this behind me and take some time to work up the courage to make homemade pizza dough again someday...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Hey Paula,
Where can I find that blondie recipe you made a while back? Ben and I both love the applebee's blondies with maple syrup and yours sounded very familiar! Thanks!
Rachel
I did this with bread years ago. We were first married and I got the great idea to whip up some homemade bread. WELL...After I baked the dough that wouldn't rise, I found, I may not be able to make bread, but I could build a house out of the great bricks I made.
Maybe your yeast was old or...the water was to hot or not warm enough.That's my guess.
Either way, the pizzas looked good though.
Sandra
We made the blondies last night! They were great, but the maple syrup didn't turn out quite like I expected, but it was still good!
Cory makes pizza dough in the bread machine. Do you have one of those? Ours has a pizza dough setting, so we just add the ingredients and the machine does the rest. It's an all-day process. But it's worth the wait!!
Post a Comment