Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day fun!

Valentines Day is always kinda a fun day for Zack and I because it is the six month mark for another year of marriage. So, today, Zack and I have been married for 4 and 1/2 years! CRAZY!!! I cannot even believe that we have almost been married 5 years!!! It seems like just yesterday I was walking down the isle toward him on the arm of my sad and reluctant father! :)

Anyway, because it marks the six month point for us, Zack and I usually do something special to celebrate. The last 2 years, Zack has made me dinner. He is getting better and more daring each year. The first year he made potato skins (enough to feed 40 people) and a salad with a slice of store bought cheesecake for dessert. Last year, he made Lamb Chops, couscous, and mixed veggies with fruit dip for dessert. I am not sure what he is planning for dinner tonight, but he has himself holed away looking at recipes! He's so funny! The first year it took him HOURS to get the meal prepared. Last year it only took maybe 2-2.5 hours...so he is definitely improving his cooking skills!

This year, I decided to make something for Zack instead of buying something like I usually do. I made him breakfast..which is his FAVORITE meal of the day. I do not make him breakfast very often, so it is a treat when I do. I made him hashbrowns and 2 sausage,egg, and cheese biscuits. He loved it all...and he was stuffed!

Zack's Valentine's Day Breakfast...very momochromatic. lol...but he liked it!
We are eating off of a folding table right now because I have my table decorated for a baby shower that I am co-hosting on Monday. I'll post pictures of it after we have had the shower!

I also found a recipe for Oreo truffles and thanks to Bakerella's inspiration, I made some cute Hersey's kiss shaped truffles for Zack with little terms of endearment on the tags! They were so much fun to make, and Zack really liked them. I packaged them in a little bag and made a little lable for the top.
I wrapped them in aluminum foil with fun little messages sticking out the top! I bit into one of the left over Oreo mixture that I made into balls and dipped into chocolate so that you could see what the middle looked like. The ones that I made for Zack are actually made in the shape of a Hershey's Kiss...well, as close as I could make them!
Here they are all packaged up!

We also went to see a movie on Thursday night (a little pre-valentine's date). We haven't had a date night in a while so that was really nice! We went to see Paul Blart:Mall Cop and bought movie popcorn (yum) and a coke to share! The movie was pretty funny...especially for us, because we have a friend that is a cop and it made us think of him and laugh! Not that our friend is really like Paul Blart exactly, but there were enough similarities to make it really humorous! It would have been even more fun to have watched this movie with him like we had originaly planned, but that didn't work out. Hopefully, he and his wife get to watch it together soon!



I will update this post later tonight or tomorrow with whatever meal Zack ends up making! :) I am as interested as you to see what he comes up with! :)

Well, I guess that flexibility is key! Poor Zack had to work on the servers most of the day because there had been a power outage and it messed up all of their servers and all 3 of their websites were down for several hours...so, instead of Zack being able to go get groceries and fix a meal, he decided to take me out for dinner. We went to a little Italian place near our house and had a nice meal together. It was still delicious and I know that Zack was disappointed that he didn't get to make dinner, but I enjoyed my meal very much! Zack had a Calzone and I had Chicken Parmesan. Yum!
Zack bought me roses and Swedish fish.

Zack with his Calzone.

My yummy Chicken Parmesan.

No comments: