Monday, February 23, 2009

More fun with friends!

We don't get to hang out with our friends Caren and Forrest too often, so when we get the opportunity, we typically take advantage of it. Caren and Forrest are Foster parents and so, typically have about 4-5 kids in tow, making it more difficult to just hang out. We usually go to their house so that they can put the kids to bed and we can spend time hanging out together with out too many interruptions.

Since Caren and Forrest have been out of town, and Forrest's work schedule is a little crazy, we decided to get together last night to hang out and play games...since it was Forrest's one weekend off for the month. Caren and Forrest like to play games as much as Zack and I do, so it is always fun to go over to their house and compete for the win....which either goes to Zack (whom Forrest is convinced cheats) or to Caren...or to Caren and Forrest if its a team game.

I decided to make some cupcakes to take over to their house last night, because I had found a recipe for strawberry whipped cream icing. Yum. It was really a light tasting frosting and turned out really yummy....although, I didn't know that Caren doesn't like whipped cream. Ooops, sorry Caren, next time I'll bring something that you like...promise!

Cupcakes with Strawberry Whipped Cream Icing

The biggest Strawberry that I think I have ever seen!
It was sacrificed for the greater good..Strawberry Whipped cream icing!

We played "last word," which Forrest dominated and then a few rounds of "Catch Phrase." As always with the Jones, it was a fun evening!

No comments: