Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I'm an Aunt! ...well, sort of...


One of my best friends from high school had her precious baby Luke about 2 weeks ago! I just had to share a picture of him with y'all. He is about the cutest, tiniest little boy I have ever seen! He and his best friends Hudson and Mason are going to be little heart breakers!

Luke arrived 9 days ahead of schedule. Andrea had gone in for a routine checkup when they discovered that her blood pressure was elevated and that she had some swelling. Her Doctor was concerned about the possibility of preeclampsia and so they decided to go ahead and induce her. After Andrea had been on pitosin for a while and had received her epidural, little Luke started having some decels and so they decided that it was necessary for a c-section. While in the OR, Luke was having considerable decels and there was concern of his cord being wrapped around his neck...so, poor Andrea went from normal induction delivery, to c-section, to emergency c-section! Thankfully, both Momma and Baby were fine and Luke is a healthy 5 pound bundle of joy!

Andrea had his newborn pictures taken last week and they are PRECIOUS! I wish that I could have stolen one of those to post on here, but I would hate to infringe on copy right laws. Her friend did an AMAZING job taking the pictures and she captured so many expressions of little Luke. I cannot wait to meet him! You can see some of them on her blog.

I am so excited for Andrea and Cory as they start this adventure of parenting! What an amazing blessing!

1 comment:

E said...

Oh sweet babies. I just love them! Hey, I will be home the week of March 28- April 4. It is a short time and might be hard to find times to get together. However, I will be home in July again! I love you and cannot wait to share with you what God has done and is doing in our lives! He is SOOOO GOOD!