Friday, February 13, 2009

Do you ever wish that someone would just tell you what to do?

I sure do! Trying to figure out what to do about a job is driving me absolutely crazy!! I want to be a productive part of society...and I want to help Zack financially support our family...but what exactly does that look like?
I had lunch this week with the Doctor that I was hoping to work with before her office administration decided due economic circumstances not to allow her to hire anyone. (they had already offered the job and she had signed all the appropriate paperwork... craziness, I know). We had a really good lunch and I really think that we would be a good fit as far as Doctor/PA relationship. She is really sweet, very knowledgeable, and loves what she does, while still keeping her family as number one. She still wants to hire a PA, but due to having to jump through hoops with administration, she doesn't think that she will be able to hire anyone until August. I really don't know what to do at this point. I REALLY think that I would enjoy working for her and that I would enjoy working with children...but I have no idea what the next six months hold for Zack and I. I talked to another Dr. on Sunday and he said that there was a hiring freeze at one of the biggest medical facilities in town...so, that's not looking so good for me finding a new job! ...and then there is the whole question about starting a family. When to do that and how will it affect my job situation...especially since I do not have one currently. So many questions and I feel like there are no answers presenting themselves! I just have to remind myself over and over that God is in control! Thank goodness, because I would be an absolute mess otherwise!

1 comment:

April Kay said...

Okay, well, you know my advice.... The "starting a family" idea sounds like the best and most logical one to me! Hee hee! But seriously, maybe this is a God-thing, that you're not able to find a job right now so maybe it's time for a sweet little baby! How exciting would that be?!?! Just pray hard about it, as I know you've been doing, and God will show you a sign! I can't wait to see what your future holds. Love you!