The last 2 years, Zack and I have celebrated Mardi Gras... with a twist. Instead of decorating our cars and parading around our neighborhood throwing out beads and moon pies, it has become a time to look back on our time in Mobile and to remember that part of our journey together. Last year we had Todd and Traci and Cliff and Pam over for a Mardi Gras inspired dinner. We had French Dip sandwiches (a new recipe, which turned out yummy) and chicken gumbo. I enjoyed it so much that decided that I wanted to do something for Mardi Gras again this year.
This year, I was thinking about making Muffaletta, which I love...but then realized that they called for Mayonnaise and I was sure that Zack would not eat them...so, I was excited to find a recipe for Muffaletta Pasta that didn't have anything that Zack would not eat. So, tonight, we had our Muffaletta Pasta (not as good as traditional muffaletta, but ok.) I also had found some Mardi Gras masks at Walmart for under a dollar...which fit into our budget...so, Zack and I sat attired in our masks and ate Muffeletta Pasta on "fat" Wednesday, reminiscing about our time in Mobile, friends we made, and our first year of marriage. I think that it is kinda a fun tradition and I hope that we will get to do it again next year.
This Picture is SOOO bad!
Zack and I had just gotten back from the gym and we were all sweaty and gross
...with our Mardi Gras masks, proudly perched on our faces, and Muffaletta Pasta...haha.
Sometimes I just have to laugh at us!
We ended up eating REALLY late tonight, because we went to the gym to play Racquetball. Zack has played a couple times and has been asking me to play with him forever! Well, he has had a few rough days at work, so I thought that as a reward for all of his hard work, that a game of racquetball might be something fun that we could do together. We had a good time, but I am HORRIBLE...I really enjoyed it, but I'm HORRIBLE! lol We "played" for about an hour tonight. I would definitely like to try it again! ...hopefully, I will be a little better the next time!

1 comment:
Paula, that picture of that random woman perched up on that wall is the funniest thang I have ever seen! What if that was just you?? That would be something you would do!! Love you!
Post a Comment