Thursday, February 12, 2009

Finally feeling better!

I think that I will just write last week off! The whole week just kept going down hill after my cooking flop! Wednesday, I started feeling badly. I felt tired, achy and had a mild headache. Then all my joints started to ache. I felt pretty awful by the end of the day. Thursday I didn't really get out of bed. I was having chills and sweats and chills...so, I finally crawled into the bathroom to get the thermometer to see if I had a fever...I did. So, I decided that I probably had gotten the flu somehow. That night one of my friends from church called. Her husband had the same symptoms that I did, but his fever was even higher and was persistent. He went to the Dr. on Friday and they swabbed him for the flu...which he had...so, I would guess that since we had pretty much the same symptoms that I also had the flu.

Zack and I were supposed to go down to his parent's house on Friday to celebrate his brother's birthday...and Zack REALLY wanted me to go...but I was just feeling too badly and knew that if I went that I would not get enough rest. So, I made him go without me. Normally, I would be really bummed out to be missing all of the fun, but I felt so bad that I didn't even care! I was just thankful to be in my bed and to not be running a fever! When he got home on Sunday, Zack wasn't feeling great either (lots of congestion). So, we went to church, attended a meeting for small group leaders after church, and then came home and took naps.

Tonight was the first time that I cooked in over a week! Shocking I know!! Monday I was still pretty weak and didn't do too much...and my appetite had not really returned. Then Tuesday, Zack went to hang out with some guys from small group and he ate leftovers...I still wasn't really hungry. Wednesday night, one of the guys that Zack works with stayed with us and we went out for Mexican. So, tonight I decided that I HAD to cook. I made Zesty Hamburger Soup. It was pretty good...fairly spicy...Zack liked it. It made a big pot of soup, so we have lots of leftovers...guess that Zack will be eating it for lunch for a couple days! It was not a standout must make again recipe, but it was good and at least was not a repeat of my last meal...or should I say chicken disaster...I cannot even watch Zack eat that stuff without feeling a little nauseous. I'm not sure if it had to do with the fact that I got sick so soon after eating it, or what...I would just throw it out, but Zack hates throwing out food...so, there it sits in a Tupperware container in our refrigerator...probably until I am forced to throw it away because it it too old to be eaten.

Zesty Hamburger Soup

Oh, I just thought of another piece of sad news! I had to take down my Christmas tree this week!! Bummer I know! :) lol. I am hosting, along with one of my friends, a baby shower on Monday...and Zack's coworker was coming to stay with us Wednesday night...and he would not have understood why we would choose to leave up our Christmas tree this late after Christmas...So, I decided that that was enough reason to take down ol' tannenbaum! It was kinda sad taking down all of the ornaments and putting them away...some of them represent some of the fun times that Zack and I have had together over the last few years...Oh well, until next year then, Tannenbaum! How I shall miss you!! :)

No comments: