I have not had the chance to do much cooking for a while...between my new job and Zack starting to play ultimate Frisbee on a club team, things have gotten a little bit busy. I had planed out and shopped for groceries for meals for last week that never got cooked and I had this top sirloin in the fridge waiting to be made...so, with a little extra time to cook today, since today's my off day, I made myself make dinner.I tried 2 new recipes: garlic butter steak and roasted potatoes with thyme and gorgonzola. I paired these recipes with fresh green beans and salad. Zack LOVED this meal. The meat had really good flavor and was simple to prepare. And the potatoes were really tender and the seasoning and gorgonzola cheese went really well with them. Zack even thought that he might like them better than our normal Italian roasted potatoes. I was kinda surprised by that, because I really wasn't sure how he would feel about the Gorgonzola cheese...he's kinda finicky about that kind of stuff, but he liked the combination...YAY!!! Another dinner success at the puddle!! It felt really nice to have a meal prepared for Zack after about a week of feeling like I had neglected that wifely duty!!
1 comment:
Just wanted to tell you that I miss you guys! I'm glad to know that work is going well. Hopefully we'll see you this weekend! Love ya sis!
Post a Comment