Wednesday, October 14, 2009

rubbing elbows with the big wigs.

Last night Zack and I attended a dinner in honor of the new doctors that were joining or retiring from the medical group that I work for. Dr. D and her husband were going as well as one or two other people from the office. SO, Zack and I thought that it would be a good opportunity to meet some of the other people that work for the health care group that I am now a part of, and that it would be a good opportunity to get to spend a little time with Dr. D and her husband outside of the office.

I will say that it was a little overwhelming and intimidating to find myself amidst SO many people that I did not know...yes, it was a little awkward...and I felt uncomfortable...a recurring theme for me over the last month or so...guess that God is not done stretching me yet...

The dinner was supposed to be held outside, but with our weather being what it is, they moved it into a ballroom downtown. I really appreciated the decorations...and I silently wished that I had brought a camera. They had taken big coffee tins and placed an assortment of flowers in fall colors in them and a small apple or pear. They were really pretty. They also had a live band, which was nice, but which made talking nearly impossible.

Zack and I were introduced to a couple of doctors, but we unable to really converse beyond the normal hellos because of how loud it was. I was also disappointed because it was one of the few times we have met Dr. D's husband and I would have loved the chance to get to talk to the two of them, but as it was we were shouting at each other over the din of the band and others in the room trying equally hard to yell above the noise around them.

It was a good free dinner and Zack and I were pleasantly full by the end of the night..and even though we were unable to really converse, it was a shared experience between some of my coworkers and I. So, I guess that the whole night was not a loss! :)

No comments: