
This weekend Dahlonega celebrated the Gold Rush Festival. Skye had been asking me to go all week. She called me up today to ask one more time. I had told her no several times already on the premise that my BIL was in town for a visit. However, Zack and Matt had planned to go play some ultimate Frisbee with some of the guys Zack plays with on the club team and so I would have been home alone...so, I folded and told Skye that I would go. I met Skye and her compatriots at the local christian school where most of them work. We piled into Vicky's car. Armed with freshly made chocolate chip pumpkin bread and hand written directions, we headed out lulled by the call of the gold rush! We of course managed to get lost...making our travel time about 3 hours. We finally made it to the festival and met we up with our friends Embo and Patrick.



I had never been to the Gold Rush before, but it was similar to the Yellow Daisey festival that Mama Sandy, Rachel, and I had gone to a few months ago. It was a lot of fun and our 2-3 hours that we were able to spend there was just enough time. We looked at all of the fun craft booths and most of the girls bought something.
Skye and I got separated from the other girls and we spent our time until we all met back up posing for silly pictures.



The drive back was a little shorter since we made it back without any wrong turns. We had some good conversation and got to know each other a little better. It was definitely a fun day.
No comments:
Post a Comment