Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Great Date Experiment: Date 1

Our small group has started doing The Great Date Experiment. This is a series of 6 dates based on what the authors believe are the 6 essential qualities of a marriage. The date series was done by a church in Atlanta and I stumbled across it while reading a friend of a friend's blog.

We are always looking for fun ways to incorporate marriage enrichment into our small group time. We really feel that part of the purpose of our small group is to grow our marriage and support those with in the group in growing their marriages as well! So, Zack and I thought that it would be fun for our small group to periodically do one of these dates.

We were supposed to go on our first date sometime over the last two weeks, and of course in natural puddle style, Zack and I waited until the last minute to go on our date. We went on our date Thursday after I got home from work.
this is a horrible picture, but I had to at least get one of the two of us during our date!!

The date itself was centered around the idea of enhancing romance with in your marriage. You were supposed to follow a series of steps, making sure to do the steps in order and not look ahead. It was a fun date and it allowed Zack and I to have some quality time together.

The date was a progressive dinner of sorts. You have an entire meal, but all at different restaurants, and you would ask/answer a series of questions along the way.

Zack and I headed to one of our favorite local restaurants for an appetizer. This little restaurant has THE BEST potato skins that I have ever found!

For our entree, we headed to little Mexican restaurant down town and we shared an order of fajitas.


...and for dessert we headed to a little bakery down town and Zack had a key lime tart while I ate a Halloween cupcake.

headed to the bakery and asking each other questions along the way.

Yes, my teeth are black...thank you black icing.
Zack thought that it was funny so he took a picture...thanks Babe!



yes, that is a picture of a CVS...and this part of the date was a lot harder than we had anticipated. If we had it to do over, we probably would have gone to a different store, but when you start your date later in the evening you cannot be too picky! (you'll have to go on the date to figure out what that was all about!)

Zack and I really enjoyed ourselves and I would definitely recommend it as a fun date to anyone that's married. It is a fun date that basically tells you what to do and gives you questions to think about...but it allows you to take time to invest in your marriage.

We should be doing date number 2 in a month or so...so, we will see how that goes.

1 comment:

Grandpa's Remains said...

I don't plan on going on any dates soon, so will you share with me what the CVS visit had to do with all of this?