Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkin Carving Competitions

Tonight was the great pumpkin carving competition in our small group. We started the evening by spreading a tarp out in our living room to serve as a carving area...thanks to the cold and rain, it was not optimal to be outside carving. Then we selected a theme for our pumpkin carving by listing a bunch of different topics like, scary faces and favorite movie, Then we drew a topic out of a box. Our topic ended up being "small group". I was amazed at the creativity that our small group members have. I thought that everyone did a good job. There were a couple of couples that were at a little bit of a disadvantage because they haven't been coming to our small group for very long, but their pumpkins were really neat too.

coming up with themes

the drawing.
Let the carving begin!

Christy and Hector carved out designs that represented all of the couple in our group...it was SO creative, I loved it!


Cliff and Pam's pumpkin was a perfect representation of how our small group usually goes. We end up getting WAY off topic and then Zack will say, "so...question # 4" in an attempt to draw us back to what we are trying to discuss.


Kevin and Jaclyn did a pumpkin inspired by Jaclyn's most terrifying experience in small group...the high ropes course.


Brandon and Gina have not been going to our small group very long, but they did such a good job carving their pumpkin!


Zack and Gretchen had a HUGE pumpkin to carve...Zack of course found someway to tie it all in with our small group...I just cannot remember exactly what he said...something about Hector I think.


Scott and Breanna were really at a loss, because they just started coming to our small group 2 weeks ago, but I thought that their pumpkin turned out really cute...and Scott made some joke about it being Hector when his guitar has not been tuned! :)


Zack and I carved a cabin into our pumpkin in honor of our small group fall retreat last year....it was such a great time of bonding and fun memories for our group. We are hoping to repeat it again this fall.


I think that everyone involved had a really good time and I think that it was a good time of fellowship for our small group. Zack and I haven't carved a pumpkin in several years. So, it was fun to get the chance to do it...and especially with friends!

No comments: