Thursday, October 8, 2009

A night at the fair.

Every year the fair comes to town, and every year I miss it. So, I was delighted when Jody called to let me know that it was in town and that they were planning to go this week. So, after work, Zack and I headed out to the fair grounds to meet the Deatons. Zack was appropriately doped up on Dramamine to allow for optimum ride enjoyment.

The fair was much bigger than I had anticipated, and it took a little while to find them, but we met up with the Deaton's and Jacquelyn and her two children for a night of fun. Jacquelyn's little boy, B was SOOO cute and he was SOOOO excited about riding all of the rides.

Zack and I did end up riding a couple rides, but I think that the best part was just getting the opportunity to spend some time with friends! It sure feels like we haven't really gotten to do that in a while! I was impressed with Zack, we rode a ride called the wave runner and he did great! Although, I will admit that I was a little worried about getting to see the contents of the stomach of the little boy sitting across from us, but he managed to keep his dinner down...thank goodness! Since Zack had had such success with wave runner, we decided to try a ride called pirate. We figured that if he could handle a ride that spun around in multiple directions all at once that he should be able to handle a ride that merely went back and forth....wrong! He was REALLY ready for the ride to come to an end and was even a little concerned that driving home was going to be an issue (guess that the Dramamine had worn off!!).


We ate at the fair... I LOVE fair food...con dogs, funnel cakes, fried oreos...yum!! By the time we ate, I was starving....So, I had 2 corn dogs, a small fry, a coke, and a bite or two of pound cake before I thought that I was going to be sick! Foolishly, we ate right before riding any of the rides, but thankfully, we were able to keep dinner in dinner's place!
Zack and I had such a great time getting to catch up with the Deatons and Jacquelyn. And we spent the evening walking around as a group. Zack and I did part ways with them near the end of the evening to go see the craft booths and flower show...right before we left to go home for the night. I don't know what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting prize winning fruits and veggies! :)

It was a fun night, and I can now see why Jody loves the fair so much! I think that we would definitely like to go back again next year!

No comments: