Tuesday, July 21, 2009

God's faithfulness

Today, I was reminded of God's faithfulness!

I have already told you that I am a little apprehensive about the thought of going back to work...

in my head, I know that it is a great opportunity, I know that the Dr. that I will be working with is AMAZING both as a person and in what she does...I know a lot of things about the situation that should cause me not to fear...but my heart and my head don't always communicate as well as I would like...and so, I have some anxiety.

Tonight, I went to a medical dinner with my future employer. I got to the restaurant and tried to bolster my courage as I made my way into a room filled with people that I had never met (I can tend to be a little shy until I feel comfortable in a situation..and this was not what I would call a comfortable environment)...many of whom will be my future coworkers. I looked around for the Dr. that I will be working with, but she hadn't appeared yet...The people that were already there were gracious enough to introduce themselves and I started to feel a little more at ease.

Dr. D made it there a short time later and we sat through a very informative talk about allergies and Immunocap testing...I will spare you the details. :)

Anyway, I say all of that to say..God is good! I felt so much better after getting to spend some time with Dr. D. She put me a little more at ease with the job...and the amount of training that I would get...My heart's desire is to be good at what I do, and in order to do that, I will need an environment where I can learn...and I knew that Dr. D had desire to train someone (she loves to teach) but after our initial interview ( about a year ago) we hadn't really talked about it again...so, talking to her a little more tonight did help to ease some of my fears...

On top of that, I have wonderful friends who are SOOOO encouraging..which is wonderful since I will likely be seeing a lot of their little ones in the days to come! :) It is such a blessing to have people who will encourage you and desire to see you succeed...and I am well blessed, because I have friends, family, and a Dr. that seem committed to that with me!

I also have been trying to remind myself of something that our pastor said Sunday. "God will equip you for the task that he has set before you"...what a relief! I can tell you that there is no doubt in my mind that there is NO other way that I would be successful at my job except to do it through His strength! I have been trying to read/ review for a couple hours a day...and I often get discouraged as it reminds me of just how much I don't know...but the best that I can do is the best that I can do, and I just need to try to do my best and leave the rest up to Him...trusting that He will equip me with the knowledge that I need when I need it!!

I would still covet your prayers on this issue as I seek wisdom and peace!...

2 comments:

April Kay said...

Pauly, I'm so excited to hear about your new job and to see where God takes you next! :) I knwo it must have been a tough decision, but sounds like you have made the right one! God will SO bless you in this! Love you and miss you!

Unknown said...

...Reminds me of a quote I heard one time (that spoke to me at the time): "God does not call the equipped; He equips the called."

I guess that is the difference between depending upon our own (feeble) power as opposed to depending on the awesome power of the Holy Spirit.
Love you,
Mama Sandy