I started out the morning inventing a bib pattern...since I have not ever made one before (I know hard to believe, huh?!) and I don't really have a pattern for one sitting around the house (also kinda surprising). So, I found an example similar to what I was wanting to make on the internet I changed the shape a little bit to suit my needs. Then, I took a vase to make a neck hole and used a measuring tape to determine distance from the neck. Once I had my pattern cut out, I needed to add the monogram to it. I had some density issues initially and had to re-size my designs so that they would stitch out a little bit better. I am pretty happy with how it turned out. So, hopefully the lady that asked me to make it will be happy with it too. She wanted it to match the Jon Jon that she asked me to make for her sons Baptism later this month.
After I got my bib finished. I started on the Jon Jon. The little guy is between sizes and so I was struggling to decide which size to make him. I know that he would likely fit in the smaller size at least for his baptism, but likely not too much longer...so, I ended up opting for the larger size. I still need add the finishing touches, but I am planning on trying it on my friends little boy who is about the same size as the little boy in question. That way I will know if I need to make the smaller size. I'm really hoping that the size that I made will work...that way I can get it in the mail and to his Mommy with a little more time to spare!
I had had a few set backs with my sewing today that had tried my patience (holes in fabric, the hoop coming undone in the middle of a project, etc.) So, I was happy to go mountain biking with Zack tonight to get some of that aggression out! We rode 11 or 12 miles. It was a lot of fun, but my legs are pretty tired now!
No comments:
Post a Comment