I have shown you a couple of sneak peeks of things from the shower...I have been wanting to share them, and now that the shower has come and gone, I finally can!
As is typical of our showers, we pulled a lot of our inspiration from Amanda's choice of bedding. The bedding is black, green, and off white. Amanda is planning on pulling in some shades of pink through room decor as well. So, we pulled from that and made those the shower colors. Also, the bedding is kinda elegant, so we wanted the shower to have a similar feel.
Once we had established a color scheme, I could make invitations. Here is what I came up with.
I thought that they turned out pretty cute. I had a REALLY hard time finding any cute black, lime green, or hot pink paper at our local/near by stores.

Once the invitations were finished and sent out, we started working on ideas for decorations. We made a diaper cake.

I made a table runner to mimic Amanda's bedding.

...and Christy came up with the idea of getting green apples and putting them on a little black plate (didn't get a picture of them). That turned out really cute. She also got hot pink roses to put on the table.
Here is the finished table:
Christy, Pam and I made a variety of foods for the shower. I of course decided to make something I had never made and then proceeded to stress out the whole day. I might have had good reason for concern this time, as there was a period of time where a thick cloud of smoke was pouring out of my oven. I had decided to make lil smokies wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with brown sugar...sounds good huh?! I thought so too until the sugar proceeded to melt and then catch on fire...lovely. I save as many as I could...I took the charred remains over to Christy's house. Christy and her mom soothed my fears some by saying that they didn't think that they were TOO burned..so we served them to our guests...and a couple people complimented them...so, I'm not sure if they were actually good or if my friends were complimenting them out of pity for me!
I made lil' smokies with bacon, baked ziti, oreo and choc. chip cookie dough truffles, and a fruit trifle.
Christy ordered cupcakes from a different bakery than we had used with past showers...the cupcakes were SO good. They had REALLY good icing on them and they had taken bits of the designs on the bedding and used it on the cupcakes. Then, they rolled the edges of the frosting with colored sugar...oh my goodness! Those things were CRAZY good! I forgot to take pictures of them...sorry!
Menu:
Lil' smokies wrapped in Bacon
Baked Ziti
Oreo Truffles and Chocolate chip cookie dough truffles
Fruit Trifle
Watermelon fruit bowl (Pam cut the watermelon to look like a baby stroller)
pasta salad
pizza roll ups
cupcakes
carrot cake cookies
spinach and artichoke dip
raspberry lemonade
Dr. Pepper
Sprite
Tea
Water
The food was really good...even if Christy and I did live on the edge by making pretty much ALL new recipes! Everything seemed to turn out well (even those crazy lil' smokies)
Amanda got lots of great gifts. She was so excited about all of her gifts. Apparently, at her other showers, she has received a lot of cute clothes, but nothing for the practical needs of the baby...She got a lot of practical things at our shower. Towels, lotions, etc.
Here is what I made her...I still have a couple things that are ready to be sewn that I didn't get to, but this is what I finished in time to wrap for the shower.
Thankfully, mommy LOVED it! :) yay!!
1 comment:
You make me envious of your crafty talent!
Post a Comment