A couple summers ago, we had Matt and his friend Eli come up for a week of "running" camp...we had a blast. So, we convinced him to come up for another visit this summer and to bring his friend Nate. It allows Zack some time to hang out with his youngest brother...and it also gives his parents time to themselves. Matt is quite a bit younger than Zack and I just love watching their relationship. Zack and both his brothers are really close. So, it is always fun to get to hang out with them...and I try to encourage him to spend time with his brothers. We also LOVE Nate...he is practically family too...so it has been a lot of fun getting to spend time with them.
They got here on Tuesday night, and Zack promptly...and without much arm twisting...initiated a game of settlers of Catan. (Zack and all in his family LOVE games...Matt may love them even more than Zack) Nate had never played before, so Zack was in his element passionately describing the rules of the game to Nate...Zack ended up winning, although it was a pretty close game.
Wednesday, Matt and Nate went to work with Zack. Nate Just finished his freshman year of college for Software engineering and so he is interested in what Zack does. I thought that they would get SUPER bored sitting there programming all day with Zack, but they seemed to really enjoy it and they went back to work with him today.
Last night, Zack, Matt, and Nate went and played Frisbee golf with one of Zack's coworkers (Josh) and his brother. Apparently Josh's brother is a little better at Frisbee golf than Zack, et al. but I still think that they had a really good time...even if they didn't manage to pull out a win.
While they were off playing Frisbee golf, I made dinner. I thought...why change my habits just because we have company... so, I made a new recipe...a huge risk when one has 2 picky eaters coming to visit! I made spicy peach glazed pork chops, corn on the cob, baked potatoes, fruit salad and strawberry apple pie. I think that they liked it. They ate everything on there plates...which I guess is a good sign. Although, I have it on good authority that Nate will eat things that he really doesn't like to be polite...hopefully that wasn't the case here. They even allowed me to take a picture of dinner so that I could share it with all of you! lol.
No comments:
Post a Comment