We made it to the wedding just in time. The wedding was really pretty and very fitting for Hipp. The groom and groomsmen were 5 of my best friends in college, and Hipp being the last to get married, made this wedding extra special!
Rachel looked gorgeous in her beautiful dress and she and Hipp were so happy. The reception was simple, but fit them so well. They had delicious cakes. The bride's cake was a mixture of carrot and white cake, while Hipp's was a classic and REALLY good chocolate. They didn't smash cake everywhere like you would have expected of Hipp, but he did try to stick a piece of fondant to her face, which somehow ended up falling off right down the front of her dress. They did not do the traditional bouquet or garter toss...I just realized that now as I am reflecting back on the day...huh...
It was so much fun to get the opportunity to spend time with friends that we do not get to see as much as I would like.
The guys ran to a curve in the road to send Hipp and Rachel off with the "customary mooning"...(I do not partake in this tradition...I'm just not that into public nudity...but Hipp brought that upon himself seeing as he had mooned all of the rest of the guys on their wedding day...so, it was payback time!) I am not sure how much of an impact it had...other than being a blur as Hipp screeched out of the parking lot going probably clos to 60.
After the wedding, we all headed over to a baby shower for our friend Brian. He and his wife live in New York State now and so this was the only time that we could get them down to our part of the country for a shower.
Brian and Becky ended up getting lots of really cute baby stuff...apparently I did not get the memo where they do not really like pink...huh...oh well, guess that they will learn to love it since I gave them the brightest pink and chartreuse green diaper bag! lol! They said that they really liked it...I hope that they did!
I am sort of sad that all of these weddings and showers are over. They were really the only time that I get to get together with the old gang! I guess that we will have to come up with excuses to get together again soon!
1 comment:
Paula...thanks for the pic! You both look SO PRETTY! I love and miss you, too!
Hey, we're having a shower in July and I want YOU THERE!
I also would like to talk to you about hiring you to make some things for the baby. Would you be up to that?
Post a Comment