Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Valentine's Day Tradition

Zack and I typically celebrate Valentine's Day because it marks the 6 month mark for another year of marriage. It is SO hard to believe that we have already been married for 6.5 years!!! I still love my husband very much. I have been so blessed!

A few years ago, Zack started making me dinner every year for Valentine's day. I just LOVE this tradition. There is something so nice about someone taking the time to do something special for you and while I love to cook, it is always such a blessing to have someone else cook for you!

Each year his cooking skills have improved. The first year it took him HOURS to make our dinner, but every year he has been getting more efficient and he has become braver in the recipes that he tries.

This year he made us bacon wrapped filet mignon, garlic cashew mix veggies, and honey roasted red potatoes. Everything was delicious!!



Zack had also cued up a romantic comedy for us to watch. He had picked the movie "Walk don't run" with Carey Grant in it....it was different...but entertaining. While we watched our movie, we ate the dessert that Zack had prepared. He made us Bananas Foster. He didn't have to set it on fire, that could have been.... interesting. it still tasted a lot like bananas foster even without actual rum.


Banana's Foster

Zack also gave me some red roses shortly after I got home.


Aren't they beautiful!?

I am SO blessed! I love my Man!

1 comment:

E said...

we are so blessed to have wonderful men. Ic annot believe it's been 6.5 years!